Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm just starting

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 662 Total Views

This is my 1st week doing home school with my kids. I have two. A 2 yr old and a 4 yr old. My 2 yr old has done well with it so far he is really excited to be going to " school" . Tomarrow im starting to introduce the Alphabet to them and what i have planned ive been looking over and i'm thinking it may be to much for my 2 yr old to understand. any suggestions on how i can keep him involved with the alphabet learning with out going over loading him with infromation he wont understand or remember?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Helping Hands on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM
I have a 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old. I concentrate on teaching to my oldest sons level and my younger one takes what he cans....and he is learning pretty well that way. Also I teach very short lessens and try and make it a game or fun activity because thats how my son learns best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy_Daze
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:44 AM

My MIL got my ODS one of those Leap Frog magnetic alphabets when he was 2 and he really learned a lot just from that. He would never sit down and actually pay attention at that age, so I just pointed out letters to him when we saw them and he learned pretty quick.

Emily197
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Quoting Precious333:

I have a 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old. I concentrate on teaching to my oldest sons level and my younger one takes what he cans....and he is learning pretty well that way. Also I teach very short lessens and try and make it a game or fun activity because thats how my son learns best.

So I dont need to make a separate lesson for him, i was thinking i might need to, but that would make our day crazy trying to teach 2 lessons and keeping the other kid occupied while teaching.

Precious333
by Helping Hands on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM
oh yeah...leap frog is great! we also have the alphabet bath letters that are great! we even spell words with my 4 yr old. also www.starfall.com is great! or is it www.fallstar.com? both my kids like that one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy_Daze
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM
Precious333
by Helping Hands on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Quoting Emily197:

Quoting Precious333:

So I dont need to make a separate lesson for him, i was thinking i might need to, but that would make our day crazy trying to teach 2 lessons and keeping the other kid occupied while teaching.

no....its lotys of fun doing the lesson all together.....everyonde learns sooo much and takes what they are developmentally ready for :)

sorry...nursing and typing at thesame time lol

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

Precious333
by Helping Hands on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Quoting Crazy_Daze:

http://www.starfall.com/  : )

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

maggiemom2000
by Helping Hands on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I don't hink you need to do separate lessons. There are so many great hands on learning activities that would be good for 2-5 yr olds. Check out these websites for some great ideas for ABCs, 123s and more!

No Time for Flash Cards

The Imagination Tree

Spell Outloud

We Play

Emily197
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Thank you for all your advice it has been really helpful i love the wed site

Precious333
by Helping Hands on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:17 PM
welcome :) and happy homeschooling!

Quoting Emily197:

Thank you for all your advice it has been really helpful i love the wed site

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)