Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone use Free World U flashcard system?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm thinking of switching from k12 online school to Free World U and would love to hear if anyone has used it and what they think.  Here is a like if you haven't hear of it:

http://www.freeworldu.org/static/index.aspx

Nancy

by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 4:47 PM
Replies (11-16):
1Redapple
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Hey Nancy, I'm in the same boat. I want to get out of K12 and the work sample rigamoro.  My DD will not do SI and I don't know how to motivate her, she's almost 12.

I'll look at the link, thanks. Let us know what you decide for your kids.

April

nancylynn
by Testing the waters on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I ended up finding a small public charter school for Shannon that is working out well for her.  It's a smaller school with sweeter kids and teachers that can really get to know all the students and spend more time with them individually.  We did use the Free World U system for a while.  It served it's purpose and was less stressful than K12, but I really wanted to move Shannon out of homeschooling and get her more interaction with her peers.  Best of luck to you in finding a solution for your daughter.  I know it's hard to figure this school stuff out.

Kalypso22
by Testing the waters on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I am thinking of using the free world u as well and was wondering if you have tried it yet?  How is it going? Are you using the one you have to pay for?  Is it worth the price?

nancylynn
by Testing the waters on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I recommend trying it for free for a while.  If you really like it, you can upgrade to the version you pay for.  I think the paid for version just includes a teacher who will make comments about their journal posts.  Good luck, and let us know how you like it.

lovey7
by Testing the waters on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Is there more to it than just reading flashcards. I agree it seems awful boring if thats all they do..

Caston04
by Testing the waters on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I use flash card from the dollar store.Then i get two packs for matching games. Then we take the flash card numbers Then we buy the second pack for matching. We go that with colors and shapes and sight words (we make them flash cards). However with matching they have to go finding them around my house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN