Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I chose homeschooling for DD because I honestly think it is best for her and the whole family. She has never been in school-she is only 2, so she doesn't know what it is like, and I am afraid she is going to hate me for it when she gets older. She will be in a co-op and we have several ways to keep her active, but I don't want her to resent me because she will be "different" than the crowd. What can I do?

I am an attachment parenting, co-bathing, sometimes co-sleeping, kiss on the lips, soon to be homeschooling, strong believer in early intervention, lead by example, know my place as a woman, go to church, get involved, teenage stay at home kind of Mom who is married to the man of my dreams and has one Super Cool Toddler and one Little Angel In Heaven.

by on May. 13, 2011 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-11):
bugfree
by Helping Hands on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I really don't understand why she would hate you.   She probably won't be different than the crowd.... she will likely have a crowd of her homeschooled friends.  I would be fine with my kids having PS friends, but the problem is that these kids are only available on weekends and at night when we are already busy doing sports and family activities.  Homeschooled friends are MUCH more convenient... they want park days and field trips during the day while the PS kids are sitting behind a desk.  :-)  

My children did a couple years of public school before I started homeschooling and at least one of them thanks me every single day.  I give them the gift of learning WHAT they want at their own speed.....usually several levels above grade level.  I let them type their stories, read until all day if they want and let them play long hours.  We also go on really cool field trips at least once a week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN