• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want it all...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

Hello, ladies! I am looking for a good set of preschool learning toys. I want it all, and I am willing to pay decent money. I want manipulatives for sorting, adding, and subtracting, flash cards, letters, numbers, shapes colors, seasons, telling time, learning about money, all of it. Good, sturdy toys that you would find in a Kindergarten classroom or daycare. Any idea where I can find this?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
swim-mom72
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Lakeshore Learning store is amazing! I could spend hours in there : ) You can google them and see if there is a store near you.

Mommy2Phenley
by Anne on Jun. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I have a Montessori style room set up and I got a lot of stuff from Melissa and Doug, Guidecraft, Lauri and Kumon. I also ordered from School Specialty, Montessori services, Lakeshore, and Oriental Trading.  I also found a lot on Amazon. For printables, I like Montessori Print Shop. They have lots of free stuff, and lots of other stuff that costs but is reasonable.

A few of my links are montessori, but you wouldn't have to be doing Montessori to use the materials. They're just good, educational products.

Lorelai
by Helping Hands on Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:01 AM

lakeshore learning is AWESOME.

bolz08
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Melissa and Doug(sp) are personal favorites for me.  We have a toys store that sells them and a Ross.  On-line might be a place to look. Walmart has a lot too. My mom said she thought it would be cool to have a teacher for a mom until she saw what I bought my kids for toys:)  They aren't the typical noisy, flashy, plastic toys.  Lots of wooden blocks, train tracks, puzzles, lacing boards, beads.....their new favorite is a spelling game with wooden tiles:)  We do the wooden trains and tracks and they are great.  They have lasted for years now and the kids don't need help putting them together.  Good Luck and have fun:)

Beware flashcards, you will lose them:).....The dollar store has a lot of the posters for season, telling time ect....We have a chalk board(a bigger one out of a school) that they kids use and love it.  No messy paint or markers to dry out. 

mynameismuerte
by Amie on Jun. 10, 2011 at 9:06 AM

LOOOOVE Lakeshore Learning!

Quoting swim-mom72:

Lakeshore Learning store is amazing! I could spend hours in there : ) You can google them and see if there is a store near you.

swim-mom72
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 10, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Quoting mynameismuerte:

LOOOOVE Lakeshore Learning!

Quoting swim-mom72:

HA! I was just there yesterday : ) They are having some pretty good sales right now. I always drool over all the cool things in the science section, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)