Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MFW or Heart of Dakota

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1589 Total Views

HELP! I can't pick. I really like both. We did My Father's World for K. So, going into 1st I thought we would use MFW. However, I really like the reviews on HOD.

Have any of you used MFW or HOD? What are the pros and cons of the one you used?

Thanks so much,

~ marisa

by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abundantjoy
by Testing the waters on Sep. 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Hi- I struggled with the same decision and have used both. I used HOD our first year and bought MFW last year and now I am back to HOD and plan to use it through high school. I LOVE Heart of Dakota and it was a much better fit for my family. I have 2 boys, 9 and 13, and we all like HOD better. I like the plans better. They are easier to read and are laid out daily so I'm not turning pages or trying to copy things and it truly is "open and go" there is very little prep work.  Both boys like HOD better too. It is very Christ-centered and just the right mix of fun activities/hands on and book work. I have no real complaint about MFW though and we all did learn alot- but overall HOD was a much better fit for ourfamily and much more enjoyable. It is our favorite part of the day and the books and CDs are always enjoyable- even my 13 year old enjoys it!! It has brought our family closer together because of the read-alouds and discussions so even my husband can be involved in the evening. We absolutely love HOD!!  Pray about it and you will make the right decision :)

sunshine80
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Thank you for your reply. I have to agree with you. After going back and forth we ordered HOD. We got it a few days ago. I love that I can open it and go. There doesn't seem to be a lot of prep work. We did use MFW last year but there was so much prep work and copy, print and find this was a pain. We start Sept. 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abundantjoy
by Testing the waters on Sep. 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM

We started a few weeks ago and so far we are loving it as much as we did the first year we used it! Happy for you and hope it is a wonderful year for you!! 

.Freckles.
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I used HOD for preschool for my oldest. I loved that pretty much EVERYTHING used items that were around the house and it was really hands on and fun. I liked it a lot.

akrsmomma
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM

I use Heart of Dakota and Rod and Staff together. I really really like Heart of Dakota. I really like the flexibity and the activities in HOD. I added R&S this year for just a little more for my dd to do. It has been working really well for her.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN