I wanted to share this fun unit idea for those of you (like me) love the colors of fall!
There's a notebooking/labooking download created just for those who want to do a small unit study on autumn leaves...
The unit contains multiple notebooking pages, pages that can be used
for lapbook projects, leaf outlines (which can be used as coloring
sheets for preschoolers) and instructions on how to save the color of
autumn through preserving autumn leaves! Preview
Also included in the download are a couple pages that can be used to record leaf identification. If you do not have a leaf/tree guide at home, there are several places on the web to help you identify your leaves. To see one of my favorites, go to: Free, easy to use resource - eNature. Once there scroll to find "trees" and click!
Here are some books to add to a unit study that I think would be cool to use:
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? by Betsy Maestro
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson
- Leaves! Leaves! Leaves! by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
- Autumn Leaves by Ken Robbins
- An Autumn Leaf by Noel Fedrau
- Fall Foliage: The Mystery, Science, and Folklore of Autumn Leaves by Charles W. G. Smith and Frank S Kaczmarek
If you want to download the notebooking/labooking unit to use, here is where you can find it: to download Available Downloads. (It is #13 under the Notebooking, Lapbooking and Unit Studies)
Would love it if anyone had other books or resources to add to a unit study that you'd share those with me!