Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

starting out with two homeschoolers. help!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 793 Total Views

Hey ladies, 

so I'm just beginning preschool curriculum with my two kids. My son is 3.5, and my daughter is nearly 5. 

Given their ages, there are obviously some distinct differences between their learning styles  :) My daughter is so easy to work with, she is eager and quick to catch on. My son cant sit still for a second. Yet when I sit down to work with my daughter, he always wants to be included, then quickly fizzles out and starts to become a distraction. Even when we arent working on crafts, projects, etc, he is a hand full ALL THE TIME. 

How do you guys cater to both of your kids needs at the same time? And how do you give individualized attention when the youger sibling is bouncing off the walls? 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Danielle163
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Well, I would say try to do it when he naps, but my DD never did nap at that age--LOL  Since it doesn't take very long to hs a 5 year old, have you considered Time 4 Learning for your son.....perhaps in two separate 15-20 minute chunks of time?? I know some people don't like a computer-tutor or educational software for younger kids, but my DD learned so much from resources like that. That way, he would be busy and you could work with your daughter one on one. And then your DD could also use it. Just a thought.......

gingergarcia
by Welcome Squad on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Just take it at their own pace, pick an easy and comfortable curriculum for both. I have two different age groups also, a 6th grade and a pre-k that will be in kindergarten next year. 

gratefulgal
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I have a preschool 4yr old and a wants to be in EVERYTHING 2yr old. I am in the same boat as you on what to do with that younger one. And then I feel guilty for no teaching him as much as the 4yr old who uses a curriculum as well. And also, I noticed our tickers and wanted to let you know that I extended breastfed mine as well- a little over 4 yrs (he weaned a couple months ago) and still going with the 2 yr old. Good luck!

Amanda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)