Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

West North Central Region:

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 848 Total Views

Hook up w/ mom's in your Region:

West North Central Region -

Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa

Ask me how you can make money sitting on your couch enjoy books with your children! It's the most amazing opportunity I've ever seen!!    Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / The Usborne Learning Fairy

Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

East Kansas/West Missouri

Posted by
on Jan. 30, 2011 at 7:22 PM

We just PCSed here to exotic Fort Leavenworth LOL and it would be great to find some local homeschoolers!

Semper!

Anybody in Missouri?

Posted by
on Apr. 21, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I have a 12 year old son that I am homeschooling. He is my only child. I was just wondering if there were any other people in this group from Missouri. I was also wondering if any of those are in the KC area or close to it. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Polly

mom2queenie2004

by Cheryl on Apr. 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM

We are just east of Springfield.

sumthnuneeq
by Member on Apr. 24, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Quoting mom2queenie2004:

We are just east of Springfield.

That's cool. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Steph925
by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 11:02 PM

i live in kansas city! well parkville area

thehauffamily
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:11 PM

We are in the st louis area :)

Brandysmom1107
by Member on Sep. 24, 2011 at 7:33 AM
We r in the metro east
Proud Marine/Army Wife and WAHM of 5!
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Nebraska?

Posted by
on Aug. 24, 2009 at 11:13 PM

From mid-western

mommy2xp

by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2010 at 9:44 PM

in in western nebraska. i have a 5 yr old 2 yr old and 2.5 month old

•  
mom2mke 
by New Member on May. 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I am in Grand Island !

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Nebraska!

Posted by
on Jan. 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I'm in Omaha, beginning to embark on the hs journey. Who else is out this way?

sh2991ba

by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I'm just a couple hours away from you, in the Siouxland Area, but DD is only 1 so we aren't homeschooling yet! But I know they have a pretty strong homeschooling group in Omaha, and the zoo has discounts for homeschooled families!

aroling
by Member on Jul. 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Im in Council Blufs.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Any one from Kansas??

Posted by
on May. 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Hi, I'm Kandi and I live Near Emporia, ks. While we do have a great homeschool group, it is always nice to meet new people

showmeborn

by Member on Sep. 4, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Hi, I am from Coffeyville. If you want to talk I would love to get to know you!

MyVavies
by Member on Sep. 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Hey ya, I am from Mulvane, but we are moving to Wichita soon. Thank God.. haha

Janine

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Anyone from Minnesota??

Posted by
on Apr. 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Just wondering if there are any other fellow Minnesotans in this group?

Jukebox_Jenny

by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 7:26 PM

i'm from Minnie! :)

"No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive."

-Mahatma Gandhi

cmy3kids
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Really... where abouts?

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Quoting cmy3kids:

Really... where abouts?

right in the heart of mineapolis. :) you?

-Mahatma Gandhi

cmy3kids
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Northeastern suburb... does "GO BEARS" mean anything to you?? How long have you homeschooled? How old are your kids?

We started homeschooling through MNVA (Minnesota Virtual Academy) two years ago, but just left a few months ago to start independently. LOVE that we did! My kids are Chase, he is 10. Cade, he is 7, and Cyloh, she is 5.

MommyKazul
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I'm in MN! We live in southern Wright County. This is my first year homeschooling my 3. My 2 daughters are 8 and 7, my son is 3 (going to be 4 in a month.)

Sam

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM

my dd's only 3 so we've just started working on preschool stuff with her. i'm in school to be a teacher and should be done when she's ready to be schooled. :)

nice to meet both of you mamas!

-Mahatma Gandhi

cmy3kids
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quoting MommyKazul:

I'm in MN! We live in southern Wright County. This is my first year homeschooling my 3. My 2 daughters are 8 and 7, my son is 3 (going to be 4 in a month.)

Sam

I lived in Buffalo for a year when I was 9/10 years old!! We owned "The Travel Host" motel off of Highway 55, which is now a Super 8.

cmy3kids
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

my dd's only 3 so we've just started working on preschool stuff with her. i'm in school to be a teacher and should be done when she's ready to be schooled. :)

Preschool is such a fun age! What level of teaching do you wish to teach??

MommyKazul
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Quoting cmy3kids:

Quoting MommyKazul:

Sam

I lived in Buffalo for a year when I was 9/10 years old!! We owned "The Travel Host" motel off of Highway 55, which is now a Super 8.

That's awesome!! We're about 10-15 minutes south of Buffalo. What a small world :)

cmy3kids
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Quoting MommyKazul:

Quoting cmy3kids:

Quoting MommyKazul:

Sam

That's awesome!! We're about 10-15 minutes south of Buffalo. What a small world :)

That it is!! So how is homeschooling going for you?

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM

MommyKazul
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Quoting cmy3kids:

That it is!! So how is homeschooling going for you?

It's going pretty good. We've been kinda de-schooling for most of the year. Both girls were in public school last year. They miss playing with other kids, the playground and the gym (I just asked them today what they missed about school.) They miss playing basketball and other games that they played in the gym but I think by bringing them to a local park might just solve those problems.

I'm starting to try to crack down more and make sure we get the subjects in that we're suppose to. The language arts and math are easy to get in, many workbooks everywhere with those in it. It's the other subjects that I'm trying to get things in order for. And record keeping... well, let's just say I pray that no one asks for records for this year...

But the kids are enjoying being home. They are outside for most of the day now that it's been nice out. Sadly, we all got a little sunburnt the other day. I've noticed that they are acting alot better too... Getting along with each other, playing together more, a lot less fighting...

I'm trying to find other homeschoolers in this area (I know of one or two others) but the nearest group is 20-30 minutes away that I know of. It seems like all the homeschoolers are in hiding around here, I hear that there are alot but I don't ever see them....

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Quoting cmy3kids:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Preschool is such a fun age! What level of teaching do you wish to teach??

if i end up in a school...high school, and preferably an urban charter high school catering toward children without the level of priviledge many have. i volunteer in one now and it's incredible.

-Mahatma Gandhi

hjfern
by Member on Jun. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I am in MN and looking to relocate to the Rochester/Olmsted County area. anyone from there or have any resources there?

Long story, but I am also looking for a HS family willing to take my children because I have to go back to work so any and all suggestions welcome!

-Heather

blessings2all
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

We're about 2 hours north of the Twin Cities and an hour south of Duluth in the small town of Rutledge.  I homeschool two teenagers.

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Is anyone from  Iowa?

double2trouble
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Is anybody from North Dakota?

MommaMeemee
by Testing the waters on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:27 AM

We are in the Joplin area, I've looked for groups and the only thing I can find here is one Co-op. Hopefully someone will eventually join this group of my neck of the woods.  Here's to hoping anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)