Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mountain Region:

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 891 Total Views

Hook up w/ mom's in your Region:

Mountain Region -

Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Ask me how you can make money sitting on your couch enjoy books with your children! It's the most amazing opportunity I've ever seen!!    Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / The Usborne Learning Fairy

Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Posted by
on Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I was almost embarrassed to ask. Everyone else listed rather big areas.

But I am interested in learning about homeschooling and possibly meeting anyone close.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Montana

Posted by
on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Anyone from Montana? We are in Valley County.

Tiggers4

by New Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 1:25 AM

I'm in Yellowstone County.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Springfield Mo Area

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  •  2 Replies
  • 63 Total Views

We live in Rogersville. Just checking to see if there are any other SWMO moms out there.

Cheryl

sunnipatch

by New Member on May. 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM

i live in missouri in a town called aurora.

Cookie_baker
by Member on May. 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM

We live in Wentzville, about 45 miles west of st. Louis.

Any from Salt Lake City area???

Posted by
on May. 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Looking for other homeschooling families especially 12 or 13 year old girls for my daughter.
Crystalisi
by on May. 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM

My daughter is 8 going on 9 and we live in Salt Lake.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Phoenix, Arizona area?

Posted by
on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Anyone in the Phoenix area, specifically the western fringe?

ncstress

by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:34 AM

We just left Phoenix in September. There is so much more out there now than when we first started hs 5 years ago. We were on the border of Laveen and Tolleson where about are you? If you want PM me and I can give you some info.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Utah anyone??

Posted by
on Sep. 10, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I'm in South Ogden

bttrflyvld

Happy New year!
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
by Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I'm in northern utah.

.Freckles.
by Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I'm in South Ogden!

Quoting bttrflyvld:

I'm in northern utah.

destanymundell
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Im in west valley :) just moved here in june, i have a 2 month old and need friends to hang out with.

.Freckles.
by Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Awesome! My husband works in Murray. We will have to have a field trip together or something! :)

Quoting destanymundell:

Im in west valley :) just moved here in june, i have a 2 month old and need friends to hang out with.

destanymundell
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Sounds fun, so this is my first time being on these kinds of websites, do we just exchange numbers or what? lol

and how far away from west valley are you?

Quoting .Freckles.:

Awesome! My husband works in Murray. We will have to have a field trip together or something! :)

Quoting destanymundell:

.Freckles.
by Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM

We can just meet somewhere. Or I can watch the homeschool field trip groups and we can go to one together. :)

It's about 45 min from me.

Quoting destanymundell:

Sounds fun, so this is my first time being on these kinds of websites, do we just exchange numbers or what? lol

and how far away from west valley are you?

Quoting .Freckles.:

Quoting destanymundell:

Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Nov. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I'm in Clinton.

bttrflyvld

Happy New year!
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
by Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM

So for all you Utan's I'm not officially homeschooling yet (just preschool) what are the laws for homeschooling in utah? I've come accross some legal papers but it's not clear. What do you have to do to legally home school in utah?

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM

North Las Vegas Homeschoolers?

Posted by
on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Anyone homeschool in the Northwest Las Vegas area? We are moving in the beginning of September to that area near the Mojave High School area and I need to find homeschool groups for my boys ages 11 (soon to be 12), 7, and 3 (soon to be 4). Also any pe programs, sports mainly competitive soccer clubs and tennis along with a great piano instructor who will teach theory and a piano tuner, and finally an art class or instructor. Please help I'm feeling very overwhelmed and don't understand the street system there yet. Also, I'm trying to stay away from the strip area, I'd rather not expose that to my kids just yet.

Thanks for your help!

Nina

Silverkitty

by Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM
I first started homeschooling while in Vegas. That was many years ago and I hope you find what you need. I sometimes miss it, so much easier to homeschool there than here.
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM

new mexico?

Posted by
on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Anybody here from the land of enchantment?

BigPrimpin
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I'm here!

EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Where at in the state? Im in Espanola...northern
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

BigPrimpin
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I'm just outside/NW of Albuquerque. :-)

•  
EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Awesome! How many kids do you have? What are their ages? I have 3, a boy, almost 10, and two girls 4.5 and 2.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigPrimpin
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I have 3, too! Mine are older than yours; my daughter is 10 and my boys are 12 & 14.

EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Do you homeschool all of them? I want to hs ds and pull him out of school. I don't know what steps I need to take. I read online that our state is lenient on hs? Like just report to state that I plan on hs and that's it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigPrimpin
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM

We are h/s-ing the boys this year (our first year), and will h/s our daughter after this year. She cannot wait to be out of ps. We submitted our letter of intent on the boys before the school year and have already submitted one for our daughter.

DawnPratt23
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 12:00 AM
I lived there til 07. Have family all over the state
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy_Daze
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I'm not, but some of my DH's family is in Espanola, some Santa Fe, some up north more.

EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Glad to see there are more people from around here. Usually in other groups I am lucky if I find one mom from around here

Crazy_daze, your dh is from here?
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM

EddiesGirl8400

by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 8:13 AM
So could you tell me more about how to submit a letter of intent? Is there a certain form I need to fill out? Where do I find that info?

Quoting BigPrimpin:

We are h/s-ing the boys this year (our first year), and will h/s our daughter after this year. She cannot wait to be out of ps. We submitted our letter of intent on the boys before the school year and have already submitted one for our daughter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KKainer
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 8:52 AM

I'm in the far N E Heights of Albuquerque and have a 12 yr old son.

Crazy_Daze
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Quoting EddiesGirl8400:

Glad to see there are more people from around here. Usually in other groups I am lucky if I find one mom from around here

Yup. He was born and raised in Los Alamos, but when his parents split, he moved to TX with his dad. His mom still lives in NM though, up in Bloomfield.

EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Oh nice. That's where dh works and where ds goes to school...i'm working on convincing dh that I AM capable of homeschooling him too...

Quoting Crazy_Daze:

Quoting EddiesGirl8400:

Yup. He was born and raised in Los Alamos, but when his parents split, he moved to TX with his dad. His mom still lives in NM though, up in Bloomfield.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile

EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Glad to met you. I haven't really encountered any nm mommas here

Quoting KKainer:

I'm in the far N E Heights of Albuquerque and have a 12 yr old son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigPrimpin
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I sent you a message with the info, sorry it took so long!

5Chicas
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I am in northern NM too! I have 5 DDs. We are planning to HS the youngest 3 next year. I know there are a couple of active HS groups in Los Alamos not sure about Espanola though. There used to be a google group and I would get a lot of great information from them including buying used curriculuum. I'll PM you if I can find the name again.

EddiesGirl8400
by Member on Apr. 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Nice to meet you! Are you in Los Alamos? Or where? Near Espanola. I don't know of anyone near me who homeschool. My neighbors were homeschooled when I was growing up, and I used to beg my mom to hs me too, but she wasn't confident in herself that she could accomplish it

Quoting 5Chicas:

I am in northern NM too! I have 5 DDs. We are planning to HS the youngest 3 next year. I know there are a couple of active HS groups in Los Alamos not sure about Espanola though. There used to be a google group and I would get a lot of great information from them including buying used curriculuum. I'll PM you if I can find the name again.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM

EddiesGirl8400

by Member on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Oh and ds age 10 goes to school in LA.

Quoting EddiesGirl8400:

I know. I feel my dd age 5 will need individual help. I can see it now that I am working with her and how fast she picked up!

Quoting 5Chicas:

Yes, I am in Los Alamos. My girls are 17, 14, 11, 5, and 3. I know a lot of people up here who HS. This year our girls are in PS but we have HS in the past and plan to next year again. I had to go back to work full time last Spring so HS was out of the question but I plan on changing back to part time in August. Plus my DD11 really needs more individualized attention.

So neat to find someone on this site so close to home!

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

we are in tempe, az

Posted by
on Sep. 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM

i have a 9 year old boy, and a 3 year old boy. this is our first year homeschooling, kinda hard, but fun also

ncstress

by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Welcome aboard! I am in west Phoenix and this is my 3rd year hs. I have a 9 yo soon to be 10, a 5.5 yo and a 2 yo all boys! I remember just starting and I was scared. This is a great group to join! Welcome and have a great year!

•  
marjparj
by Member on Sep. 5, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Hello!! We moved to Glendale in June. This is our 2nd year homeschooling, it's been alot of ups and downs but we're still going! I've got a 10 yo girl, 12 yo boy, and an 18 mo boy. Keeps it very interesting.

•  
mom24boyz
by Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Hi funtobehome

I am in Tucson Arizona. I have a 11 year old boy and 9 year old boy that I home school. I have been homeschooling for about 4 to 5 years now. One I do traditional homeschooling with and the other that is home schooled with a online public school but I am the one teaching him so I think is homeschooling. Just someone elese is keeping record of what he gets done.

Any one in Tucson Arizona

Posted by
on Mar. 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Hi all

Is there anyone in Tucson Arizona here?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)