Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pacific Region:

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 23 Replies
  • 1675 Total Views

Hook up w/ mom's in your Region:

Pacific Region -

Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii

Ask me how you can make money sitting on your couch enjoy books with your children! It's the most amazing opportunity I've ever seen!!    Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / The Usborne Learning Fairy

Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imadekyle
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM

i am in so. Cal....anyone else here :)

iHay
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I am in northern cali, 30 miles from oregon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Hawaii - Oahu

Posted by on May. 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM

We are new to the island, looking to connect with other homeschoolers any the area....anyone?? :D

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Any homeschooler from SoCal?

Posted by
on Mar. 11, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I am new here and want to find some mom homeschooler in my area. I really need some help since I am going to start my first time homeschool this summer/fall. Thank you!!!!

Homeschoolmom99

by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM

What part of SoCal are you in?

MommyMichell693
by New Member on May. 31, 2009 at 1:05 PM

im in southern california, anaheim to be exact i havent began homeschooling yet but i would love to meet other moms that homeschool

Michelle ~ Fiance to Chad and Mommy to Staisha

in lovebaby girl

jynkx
by Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM

hi, im in socal and hope i can pull it together to begin homeschooling in the summer/fall too.

im looking for any advice and support available....lol.

ocmama2four
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2010 at 1:36 AM

i am new to homeschooling this year and live in fullerton.

GirlWSlingshot
by Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM

San Diego anyone?

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Oregon

Posted by
on Sep. 20, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Anybody from Oregon?

Freckleface78
by Member on Sep. 20, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Yup. I'm in Portland. :)

sunmoonstars071
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I used to live in Vancouver but now I am on the East side of Oregon. We live near Hermiston.

Trinamommy
by Member on Sep. 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I'm in Beaverton

Freckleface78
by Member on Sep. 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM

lol. We're neighbors! While my address is Portland, I'm in Washington county: I'm in the Raleigh Hills area kinda squashed between Portland and Beaverton. :)

BlankenshipMama
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

We are just outside of Eugene/Springfield.

brooklynsummer
by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I'm in Medford:)

sarahcg85
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I'm in Sutherlin. About an hour south of Eugene.

poohbear1183
by Stephanie on Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I am in Bend

bluestarr80
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I was born in Forest Grove, lived in Beaverton and Portland...but now I reside in Texas. :(

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sunny Central Coast- California

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  •  1 Replies
  • 89 Total Views

we are on the Central Coast part of California.

Sun, beaches, very little rain (with equals dead grass)

we are on our 3rd year homeschooling here, but homeschooled in Ohio for about 6 yrs before we got here.

**Kimberly** unschooling our 3 boys (13,15,16)

CCMOMCA

by on Aug. 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM

We live in beautiful Lompoc. : )

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Calling all WA moms! (i'm in need of a heads-up)

Posted by
on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Hello ladies. Sometime in the next few months, hopefully in May, we will be moving from CA to WA. We're looking for places within commuting distance to Kenmore. I've looked over the states homeschooling laws and am realizing i'll have to do a little more work compared to California's laid back style.

What do i need to know that might help me start off with homeschooling in WA? Also, does anyone know of any homeschooling groups or co-ops that i can start getting in touch with before we move? ...anything else in should know before i move? (note: i've never so much as moved out of town, much less out of state, so give me all you can! lol)

TIA
DazzlednSeattle

by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 3:20 AM
I am in the area - but not at all familiar with Kenmore and am new to homeschooling. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM

I'm from WA but have moved and don't homeschool there.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a group because it is a huge home-schooling state. That is the first thing I would do is find a group and they can help you get everything together.

It is a very strict state compared to most. We plan on moving back, so I've kept my eye on the home-schooling trends there and the laws.

bugfree
by Member on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I am from that area!!

There are a lot of homeschooling groups out here. Probably the best group in the area is the Teaching Parents Association ( http://www.washtpa.org/). This group does cost $45 a year and is worth every penny. It centers around Woodenville and includes people from Everett to Renton...the Eastside.

Wondertime Excursions is another group you might want to join... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wonderexcursions/ . This group does field trips and that is it. Some of them are pretty great. :-) They tour places that homeschoolers might not normally be able to go on their own. This group is free.

Many of the school districts around here have homeschool centers. The Bellevue and Lake Washington Districts are a couple of the biggest. We take theater and a couple science classes through the district.

I always thought this was one of the easier states to home school in. :-) The Washington Homeschool Organization (WHO) would be another group to check into. At least visit their site. www.washhomeschool.org

outstandingLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Thanks ladies!

And WA is going to be more strict than CA as all i have to do in CA is register and keep attendance. But i know WA isn't as stringent as PA.

4sweetpease
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:40 PM

http://www.k12.com/wava/ <--- This is what we do.

4sweetpease
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Also --- I run a homeschool group -- it's not near Kenmore, but you can connect with other homeschool parents if you need to --- www.meetup.com/homeschoolmptc --- K12/WAVA is actually really staight forward -- it is the Washington Virtual Academy and is a GREAT program, with great teachers and we have had a really positive experience. It's considered public school still so you don't have to pay for curriculum, they send you everything you need -- it is partnered with K12 so you get that curriculum and it's based upon mastery of a subject. You do have to log your attendance but it's all an easy online format with a teacher who walks you through anything you might have a problem with. Let me know if I can help in any way.

DazzlednSeattle
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM
I just joined that group a couple days ago! I haven't been to a meetup yet, though. I am going to try to make the one on the 22nd.

Quoting 4sweetpease:

Also --- I run a homeschool group -- it's not near Kenmore, but you can connect with other homeschool parents if you need to --- www.meetup.com/homeschoolmptc --- K12/WAVA is actually really staight forward -- it is the Washington Virtual Academy and is a GREAT program, with great teachers and we have had a really positive experience. It's considered public school still so you don't have to pay for curriculum, they send you everything you need -- it is partnered with K12 so you get that curriculum and it's based upon mastery of a subject. You do have to log your attendance but it's all an easy online format with a teacher who walks you through anything you might have a problem with. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Washington State?

Posted by
on May. 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I was just wondering if there was any one out there homeschooling around the puget sound?

JakeandEmmasMom
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Aw, man! LOL! I got all excited when I saw "Washington State", but I'm down in Vancouver. :-) 

lanimommy81
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I'm in Lynnwood/Bothell/Mill Creek area and "trying" to homeschool. It isn't new but it is a challenge. I am going to the homeschool WHO convention next weekend and I hope it helps!

bLoverlyLiz
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I'm in Lacey/Olympia, where are you?

mykidspage
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I am on Whidbey Island. I haven't be able to start homeschooling yet. But I really want to. I am going to give my six yr old another chance in public school. If she comes home the way she used to when she was in kinder, I think I might pull her out.

amberdoula
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2010 at 5:39 AM

I'm in South King County area, hope you have the best of luck getting started with homeschooling.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Alaska

Posted by
on Mar. 17, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Any one from the Mat-su valley area in alaska?

angelsdaycare

by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I am in the matsu valley I am so glad to see someone from alaska on here. my son is homeschooling and he will be 7 next month doing 3-4 grade work next school year.

proudmomof2452
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I hit this forum with the luck that I would find someone on here from my area and look I did. someone was listening to me. I am from the Mat-su area to be more spcific from Wasilla. I am going through IDEA for my daughter. We are going in to our second year of home schooling. She is 8 and doing mostly 4th grade work.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

The North State California (Shasta County)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 12:13 AM
  •  4 Replies
  • 72 Total Views

Just wondering if there's anyone as far north in Cali as i am. I saw that other post for Tracy but where I come from that's not north california. It's central california. ...I live 5 hours north of tracy! lol.

samanthakayee
by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I am in Susanville CA Its near Reno in Lasson County

"She discovered with great delight that one does not love one's children just because they are one's children but because of the friendship formed while raising them. >Marquez "
outstandingLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Quoting samanthakayee:

I am in Susanville CA Its near Reno in Lasson County

Hi! that's not too far. my sister lives in Susanville. it's like a 2 hour mountain drive to the east.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination. I'm an alternative healing, less extreme AP, non-vaccinating, spiritually open minded, crunchy, scrapbooking, Pagan, mom to two unique little boys and a loving wife to my outstanding Army soldier.

Mesha125
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Im closer to Tracy. Have you tried Meetup?

outstandingLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Mesha125:

Im closer to Tracy. Have you tried Meetup?

There's nothing on meetup.com but there is a local homeschoolers yahoo group. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)