Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tornado unit

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 599 Total Views

My 4 year old is very interested in tornados all of the sudden.  We live in California and don't have them but he gets interested in strange things!  So what are some lessons/ideas to teach about tornados?  We've watched videos of them on youtube and the power of them just facinates him.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JasonsMom2007
by Helping Hands on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

So far I thought this would be a great chance to make a disaster kit for our house.  We don't have one!

firehorse13
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Try schoolexpress.com and enchantedlearning.com for some pretty cool little tidbits...good luck!

wanderingwolf
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM

When I was in 4th grade we took two 2-liter soda bottles, filled one with water, put the empty soda bottle on top and I think used tape and rubber bands to hold it on there and then would shake it up and then turn it over to get a tornado. 

oahoah
by Helping Hands on Feb. 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM

http://www.currclick.com/ is another place I find great resources to expand on our studies.  If you are near a science center you might call & see if they have tornado-related activities; you could make your own tornado in a bottle (I think I found this project idea on steve spangler science website) or you could buy one at a toy or novelty store. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)