Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unschooling in Central Florida

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 752 Total Views

We are looking for a group to connect with in our area in the age range of 9-12 yrs. old. My little girl is 10 and would enjoy more social interaction with some children in her age range and I must admit I too would enjoy meeting some other moms who unschool in our area with children in the same age range. Thanks

simple smile

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
my2.5boys
by Helping Hands on Mar. 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I'm in central florida, but my boys are a bit younger, 6 and 8. I haven't found any specifically unschooling groups, but I'm part of a great all inclusive group, that meets on the SW side of Orlando. The age range of the group is birth to about 10, so your daughter may find a friend or two. Let me know if you want me to pm you any more details.

Madebyme
by Testing the waters on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM

my2.5boys by all means I would love to learn some more about this group of course she will be 11 next year but she is really craving some more interaction. So any advice or help in finding a group is very welcome. Thanks for responding :)

Outrageous
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Quoting my2.5boys:

I'm in central florida, but my boys are a bit younger, 6 and 8. I haven't found any specifically unschooling groups, but I'm part of a great all inclusive group, that meets on the SW side of Orlando. The age range of the group is birth to about 10, so your daughter may find a friend or two. Let me know if you want me to pm you any more details.

I'm looking for a new group to join as well, Or just another family for that matter!  I live in the East Orlando area and have a 7 year old, 2nd grader.  Can you tell me a bit about your group?

HerLadyGrey
by Testing the waters on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I'm in central Florida and my sons are 11 and 13. We just moved down here and meeting other families that are like us has been less than successful.

my2.5boys
by Helping Hands on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM

The group I was talking about is called SW Orlando Homeschooling group. They can be found on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/243197335701966/?ref=ts&fref=ts

tuffymama
by Helping Hands on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Why can't any of you people move up here to N FL? Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN