Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just noticed this forum - glad to have it!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 498 Total Views

I must be doing too much reading in here in the general area because I didn't even notice you have this forum! I have a single child and I always have questions dealing with an only. Perhaps i have not been in this group for a while. Guess I will have to change that!

Thanks for this forum.

by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MarshaHubler
by HS Evaluator on Apr. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Welcome to the h.schooling group here. About your homeschooling one child. Look for a local h.s. support group for social interaction. Essential! Also, have your child play community sports, take music lessons, be involved with children's groups at church, etc. All of these important social contacts will round out your h.s. program and will develop your child's social skills. :) If you don't have a local h.s. support group, consider starting one. Place posters in grocery stores and mini-marts to have other h.schoolers contact you. You only need two or three families to get together once a week or twice a month for art, science projects, games in a back yard or whatever, and you'll have your nice group with which to interact.

Marsha Hubler, PA certified evaluator and author of YOU'VE DECIDED TO HOMESCHOOL; NOW WHAT?

LovemyQ
by Kelly on Apr. 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Thank you Marsha, I appreciate your input.  I have just met some people to get together with and things seem to be getting better for a group. 

I laugh because we had him in drum lessons (he was good!) but it was individual lessons, then he is currently in gymnastics and he is the only child in that class! lol I am trying hard! lol

He will be doing soccer and t-ball  (with our h's group) but he seems to not talk to anyone at soccer. He was jsut 4 when did it last season, maybe at 5 things will be differnt?

It just seems like all the activities I take him to, he dosn't mingle much, but he is naturally shy. ok, I will stop rambling ;)

Quoting MarshaHubler:

Welcome to the h.schooling group here. About your homeschooling one child. Look for a local h.s. support group for social interaction. Essential! Also, have your child play community sports, take music lessons, be involved with children's groups at church, etc. All of these important social contacts will round out your h.s. program and will develop your child's social skills. :) If you don't have a local h.s. support group, consider starting one. Place posters in grocery stores and mini-marts to have other h.schoolers contact you. You only need two or three families to get together once a week or twice a month for art, science projects, games in a back yard or whatever, and you'll have your nice group with which to interact.

Marsha Hubler, PA certified evaluator and author of YOU'VE DECIDED TO HOMESCHOOL; NOW WHAT?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN