Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alpha Omega LifePac

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 681 Total Views

We are doing 1st grade next year. For kindergarten this year we used Abeka, which I liked well enough, but to get the Bible plus the child's kit and parent kit its almost $800. I was looking at Lifepac and wondering what you ladies thought of it. Would love to hear reviews from those that use it or have used it. It comes with Bible and everything you need for the 5 subject set for half or more of the price of Abeka.

Lifepac users, what do you think?

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
banana-bear
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I bought LifePac when I began homeschooling in December and quickly realized it was a grade level behind. I skipped straight to the back of the book and finished it before Christmas break. I would never buy it again, unless I absolutely had to. And even then, I'd buy a grade level ahead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Landonsmommy516
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, thanks for the info. Anyone else?

aldmom0408
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM
After using abeka your child will be to advanced for lifepacs. Aop's Horizons is more advanced. I'm not a fan of aop but if you want something cheaper on your child's level horizons should be a better fit...
Landonsmommy516
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Thanks for the info. The more info I got on these, the more people said they were a grade level behind, so I don't think I'm going to go with this. Still not sure what I will do. Thanks!

Quoting aldmom0408:

After using abeka your child will be to advanced for lifepacs. Aop's Horizons is more advanced. I'm not a fan of aop but if you want something cheaper on your child's level horizons should be a better fit...

poohbear1183
by Stephanie on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

well if it is a grade level behind why not just buy the next level up? like if you want first grade buy 2nd grade so it is more on level.

Crissi804
by Welcome Squad on May. 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM
It also gets dry & very boring starting around 4 th or 5 th gr. my friend STRUGGLES to get her kids to do school this year. Shouldn't be that way. Kids should learn to love school :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissi804
by Welcome Squad on May. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I'm changing from originally doing Abeka.... To more of a "fun" learning school Charlotte mason style. I'm going to try queenhomeschooling.com. (99 percent sure). I only hear awesome things about ( the whole curriculum used together). Plus I talk to sandy queen the author on fb. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KiriandWyatt
by Kiri on May. 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I used the social studies and science Lifepac for 1st grade, and did not like it at all!! It was way behind (imo) and was very boring to my son.

I.am.Betty
by Testing the waters on May. 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM

This last year was my first homeschooling my 5th grader, I know some of the things in the lifepacs he had already done in 4th grade ps, but not all of it. I agree though it has been a very boring school year for him, and therefor frusterating for me. I am currently looking into different curriculum that will hopefully keep his attention better, though I may still stick with one or two subjects from lifepac.

LostTheSlipper
by Guidance on May. 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Thanks for the bump on this post. I've been looking into lifepacs today for certain subjects. Not sure if I should go with it or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)