Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Considering homeschooling, have a question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 596 Total Views
I'm considering hsing my almost seven year old. I would mix and match and create my own curriculum. I'm looking towards something "crunchy" kind of nature based. Lots of time outside, nature walks and what not. Any advice or recommendations?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LostTheSlipper
by Guidance on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I don't know of any specific full curriculum like that, but if you're Christian I'd highly recommend Apologia's Zoology 1 book for science. It deals with insects and birds (flying creatures) and is loads of fun. You could easily work nature walks, bug hunts, bird watching in to go along with something like that.

https://apologia.securesites.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_62&products_id=4

That first link has the PDF samples and stuff, but you can get the book cheaper at

www.christianbook.com

QueenPebz
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM
go to your state department of natural resources and see if they have junior ranger programs or anything. i heard each national? park has a badge a child can earn. i havent looked into it much though, my sd is 14 and very city lol. check state/county animal rehab facilities for programs, fisheries can be great fieldtrips, maybe a local/county zoo volunteer program? im in WI and nature programs are all over, im not sure what other states have available but the dnr is where id start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN