Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Social Studies and Science?????

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

Just Stared homeschooling a couple a weeks ago. I am lost when it comes to SS and Science. My son is 5 and in Kindergarden. He is catching on fast to reading, phonics and math. Any good books or projects I could do for the rest of this month, and any months of May ideas? Thanks Ladies!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jamie8bing
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Have fun. Look up easy experiments online for science, or food science experiments (fun to do and eat). For SS, I would go on field trips. Contact and tour something in your area from Fire Department to post office to local raw milk farm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncstress
by Helping Hands on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Ideas for reads for ss/history take a look at www.amblesideonline.com or www.oldfashionededucation.com.  My boys like the story approach and then I come up with little activities along the way depending on what we're covering.  As for science, if you don't want to pay but just need ideas or if you like the program you could try www.superchargedscience.com.  We love this science program and finally signed up to use it after just getting the experiments from the free newsletter and doing the free teleconferences online.  It's a hands on program with great information that encourages the kids to be inquisitive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)