Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wonder if I am qualified enough to be a HS teacher for ds. I am dedicated and I completely have the desire but other than the needed certifications, does that make me qualified enough to take my sons education into my own hands?
So my question is: how can one know if they are qualified enough to truely HS their child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-16):
Mommy2Phenley
by Anne on May. 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

What makes me qualified?

I know my daughter best. I know her learning style and I know how to tell if she's "getting it". I know her strengths and her weaknesses. I know what interests her. I know how to work with her in a way that is most likely to gain cooperation (not always easy in a *very* spirited child). I understand her cues and signs that something is off. I want what is best for *her* (not what is best for a test result, or for overall class scores, or for a class in general).

buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on May. 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM
I'm qualified because I am their mother and nobody will love them. That's what makes me qualified. If I do not know an answer, I will find it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ziff130
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

You have text books. All the info is in there. I am actually working on my BA in educational studies (teaching degree w/ a thesis instead of student teaching) so that if people ask me this question I can just use that excuse. But, I think any parent who wants to best for their child and has a bit of creativity should be able to teach their child. :)

hjlmama
by Welcome Squad on May. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I'm qualified because I'm their Mom. I don't think I need more qualification than that. I'm really so mad at myself that I doubted myself for so long.
msiever
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM

You are qualified because you are their mum. You don't have to have a degree to homeschool and you can still do an awesome job. 

Danielle163
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I'm qualified because she will always be "in my class", I love her more than life itself, and I want the absolute BEST for her. If I can't teach it to her, I will make sure that I find something or someone who can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)