Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats the worst fear???

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 776 Total Views
What is the worst fear you HS moms had or have with HS your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
6Fish
by Lisa on May. 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I started homeschooling my oldest two boys when they were already in 1st and 3rd grades. They could already read and add and subtract. My biggest fear is accomplishing those "basics" with my two little ones. I felt like I started with my older boys already having a foundation, and with the littles I'm starting from the beginning. This has been my absolute biggest fear! But, I have started reading lessons with my 4 year old, and the 3 year old sits close by and absorbs everything. I can't believe how much they are picking up already---and a lot of it just on their own.  So, I guess that's my biggest fear, but I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed by it as I once did!

buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on May. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I'm not sure what type of answer you are looking for. :) Do you mean on the topic of hsing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ziff130
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I am afraid that I will always be here to catch them. I need to let them fall sometimes but I tend to catch them... it's that mommy intuition, I guess. Luckily, my dh helps to balance it out but I'm working on it. Luckily, my oldest is in K so my plan is to figure it out in the next few years. LOL! :)

Ruthzaad
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Yes I mean on the topic of HS your child. :-)

Quoting buzymamaof3:

I'm not sure what type of answer you are looking for. :) Do you mean on the topic of hsing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Failing them. Not doing what I need to do with their schooling. Letting life get in the way...again. This happened and they both had to be held back a year and be put into a private school.  It terrifies me that it will happen again

sumtermom3
by Welcome Squad on May. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM
My youngest is in 3rd grade and is still struggling with reading. I feel like I have done something wrong. My oldest is doing great in fact she finished 5 th grade in December and moved to 6th already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Hall Monitor Bren on May. 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't guess I ever had any fears.  Just loved having them home and protecting them from the crap at the schools :-)   All but one of mine are now graduated, most married and with kids of their own (many of whom are already home educated).

buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on May. 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.   Never had any fears when it came to homeschooling them.  I always thought that no matter what came our way that we would work it out. 

Quoting Ruthzaad:

Yes I mean on the topic of HS your child. :-)

Quoting buzymamaof3:

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdteachinpjs.gif homeschool image by coldjet
thap.gif attachment parenting image by PositivemomTiny breast cancer awareness ribbon

Dawn07
by Welcome Squad on May. 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM

My fear is definately failing them, but then I sometimes fear that as a mother.

momNstinks
by Welcome Squad on May. 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

My fear is that one day hs-ing may become outlawed and we'll all be forced to send our kids to public or private school.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)