Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horizons math?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 308 Total Views

If you have used it for the earlier grades (k-2)  what did you think about it? Do you use manipulatives with it?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on May. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM
We used it only for K and very little into 1st. My dd did not care for it bc it's very repetitive. Some kids like that, mine did not. It's very colorful. Oh, it's not a secular curriculum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I bought it and we tried it with DS for about 3 weeks. He cried when it was time to do it. I sold it and we are both much happier with Singapore. DD(4) will start Singapore Earlybird A in August and DS(5) will start 1A
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Helping Hands on May. 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM
We prefer Singapore for dd 6 she is in level 2a right now, we haven't quite figured out what ds who will be 4 on July 6th will need yet. He is a visual/kinesthetic learner but we don't know if he needs a spiral or mastery based program, yet.
buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on May. 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I should also.mention that we switched to.Miquon Math.and use the cuisinaire rods and my dd loves it. My younger dd just started as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tmgonz
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

My girls use it for K and 2nd and we really like it. I like how they introduce new concepts and we don't really use manipulatives.

AmyG1976
by Helping Hands on May. 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM

we used this too ... my son for the first time ever learned something math related after starting this (when in 4th grade & started with 3rd grade book) . however we didnt finish it either and got to dislike it boring idk but once he started to dislike it and not want to do the work and such I didnot want to keep using it and I sold it. my dd didnot like it from day one and she is good at math and liked math until a few months into horizons. we did not use the manipulatives. we sold it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN