Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double homed

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 590 Total Views
I want to hs my ds and have been reading some material online about hs. I do have a concern, we have a home in CT but will also have a home in VA soon. We will be traveling a lot between the two homes and other places on occasion, hense the desire to hs. My question is, are there certain procedures I need to take between the 2 states or can I just establish his hs in CT and go by their laws?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Typically, you would report to your primary state.  What state do you receive your mail in?  What state are your vehicles registered in?  I would go with that one.

Ruthzaad
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM
We are going to have everything registered in CT, so I guess I should go with that one thank you. :)

Quoting buzymamaof3:

Typically, you would report to your primary state.  What state do you receive your mail in?  What state are your vehicles registered in?  I would go with that one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra1968
by Testing the waters on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

If you'd like to be really technical about it, each state has its own residency and legal requirements.  I hope that have rules that are consistent.  Probably, you can just declare one your primary residence and follow the rules in that state for homeschooling. 

If you pick Connecticut, there are loads of places to get info. One  forum to discuss the  rules in Connecticut is:

http://www.time4learning.net/forum/connecticut/ 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Helping Hands on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I would *guess* that whichever you consider your primary residence is the set of rules you should follow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)