Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great Virtual Dissection sites

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 587 Total Views
2 moms liked this

My DD stated categorically that she would not be slicing and dicing any froggies for biology lab, so I searched out a great virtual frog dissection lab.

Frog Lab from biologycorner.com This includes detailed, high school level lab worksheets.

Virtual Frog from the Berkley Lab is mostly drawings, but not a lot of info and does not include a lab.

Virtual Frog Dissection has an audio lecture component that is very detailed. No written lab, but a really good lecture.

AnimalLearn has a list of virtual dissections from cats to grasshoppers to squid. Great resource.

Virtual Fetal Pig from Whitman College is a series of detailed pictures that cover the dissection of a fetal pig and include a short quiz at the end.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheCrooners
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Good stuff! My boys really enjoyed dissecting a frog. There's even an app available if anyone wants to check it out. It's appropriately titled "Frog Dissection". I'm bookmarking these links, so thank you!
WantedNameTaken
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for posting.  I'm bookmarking these for future reference.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Icky. I'm a science addict but I have an ick factor for such things. Unfortunately my oldest wants to be a doctor so is already asking for the real deal for dissection. Ugh
TheCrooners
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting KickButtMama:

Icky. I'm a science addict but I have an ick factor for such things. Unfortunately my oldest wants to be a doctor so is already asking for the real deal for dissection. Ugh

LOL! My sons got a dissection kit with a frog, fish, clam and worm. It was really interesting and smelly! When I was in school my partner wimped out on me and I had to do it alone. The irony in that was that he happened to be the class bully.

Anyway! You can find realistic plastic frog dissection models on Amazon. He can decorate his room with it and pull it apart to study anytime without squicking you out. :-)
unicornnymph22
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Thanks!

Tonnie80
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM

thanks a lot!!!  kiddies are to young but i am definitely bookmarking for future use!!!

Knightquester
by Helping Hands on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I'm with you on the ick factor.  My third wants to be a doctor and if you were near us I did find a place that teaches homeschool students science classes.  They actually have various biology classes for older and younger students dissecting different animals... throwing up gross, huh.

Quoting KickButtMama:

morriganna
by Testing the waters on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

bookmarking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)