Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEWBIE.....please HELP!!!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 504 Total Views

I am getting ready to home school my 13 yr old daughter.  We would love to join a home school support group in our area so she can make friends her own age. We live in the Hillsboro MO area. Can anyone tell us who to contact for this info?

We would also like to know if any one has any suggestions as to which accredited home school is the better school to choose?  There are so many out there.  We would like to choose one that offers cd/dvd and online classes with teacher support but also choose one that is being used by other kids in our area that she can meet up and study with or share questions with.

Thank you in advance,

Kimberly

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Deanna155
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM

HSLDA offers a lot of information for homeschoolers, including state-by-state info.

bren_darlene
by Hall Monitor Bren on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Some local public libraries has the local homeschool group info.   Just ask them if they do.  About "accredited" I can't comment on as I didn't use it with any of mine.  Just did my own mixture.

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM
www.howtohomeschool.com

Quoting Deanna155:

HSLDA offers a lot of information for homeschoolers, including state-by-state info.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
These are great places to start

Quoting bren_darlene:

Some local public libraries has the local homeschool group info.   Just ask them if they do.  About "accredited" I can't comment on as I didn't use it with any of mine.  Just did my own mixture.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN