Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Geography

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 963 Total Views
Hi. I'm looking for some creative activities to teach geography for my second grader. Ideas appreciated!
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
buzymamaof3
by Hall Monitor on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM
I'm mobile right now, but I believe it's Homeschool Creations blog that has a section on geography.

We are using Galloping the Globe this year for geography.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltownmom03
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Quoting buzymamaof3: I'm mobile right now, but I believe it's Homeschool Creations blog that has a section on geography.

How did you make it affordable? I bought it a couple of years ago to use with my kids but the library where I lived was really small and they didn't have many of the recomended books. Now I have moved to a bigger town and want to try to do it. The town I am in now has a bigger library but they still don't have many of the recomended books. Just for the first unit I would have to spend over $300 on books. 

lovelylady83
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Confessions of a Homeschool mom has one... and there is galloping the globe

ncstress
by Helping Hands on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM
In 2nd grade we did lapbooks and used books from the library and online material from sites like www.factmonster.com and videos also from library. My kids would also have to plan trips to the countries we studied and dress up in clothing appropriate for the climate & put pictures of their outfits in their lapbook. Www.homeschoolshare.com has free lapbook templates.
debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I have not used that but can you not trade the recommended books for something else?

Quoting smalltownmom03:

Quoting buzymamaof3: I'm mobile right now, but I believe it's Homeschool Creations blog that has a section on geography.

How did you make it affordable? I bought it a couple of years ago to use with my kids but the library where I lived was really small and they didn't have many of the recomended books. Now I have moved to a bigger town and want to try to do it. The town I am in now has a bigger library but they still don't have many of the recomended books. Just for the first unit I would have to spend over $300 on books. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN