Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendation or experience with toddler curriculum?

Posted by   + Show Post

My DD is 21 months old and I am working with her daily on speech and the basics like colors, shapes, and identifying objects.
Did any of you use an actual curriculum with your toddler(s)? I would like to find something as a guideline to give me ideas on what to do weekly or bi-weekly. Any ideas welcome. This is my first time actually trying to establish a small routine instead of just interaction and play learning.

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Replies (11-13):
ncstress
by Helping Hands on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I used www.letteroftheweek.com it's a great guide and for shapes and beginning counting and letters try adding in www.fisher-price.com infant/toddler/preschool online games are great along with starfall.com.  We read alot and for more crafts for the little ones and coloring pages try www.dltk-kids.com they also have some lesson plans at a linked site of www.kidzone.ws. We follow routines because we're not good with schedules but it's as close as we can get and gives plenty of boundaries for my boys!

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I used a combination of things w/ my boys - www.letteroftheweek.com was a great help as well as pbskids.org which has some great interactive games for toddlers.

I also wrote some articles on HS'ing toddlers -
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-young-too-young--1541795.html?cat=4
http://voices.yahoo.com/home-education-young-child-782315.html?cat=4

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)