Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shark Week

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 597 Total Views

Just an FYI, shark week starts tomorrow.

Since it will be a great week to, we are doing our first unit study on sharks :) We also have another homeschool family that we are cooking shark with on Tuesday! 

Join the cleaning game group!
Ashley, proud admin:)

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Sounds like fun, my kiddos want to do a unit study on dolphins,I can't wait!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahNElijah
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
That sounds fun!! :D We have been doing unit studies too! Since we are so close by, we should plan a meetup sometime! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbeck96
by Becky on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

We may have to do a few things next week also related to sharks.  We  have been doing light HS over the summer, but I have given myself and the kids a 2 week break.  We are hoping to start full speed ahead the 20th of August.  So, I have been making schedules and other school stuff.

This will be a fun thing for the kids to do though.  We all love Shark Week!!

TxMommyOfBoys
by Ashley on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM
We totally should! Message me :)

Quoting SarahNElijah:

That sounds fun!! :D We have been doing unit studies too! Since we are so close by, we should plan a meetup sometime! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STACIEH
by Helping Hands on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up! This will go perfect with me knitting my son a shark hat.
Giveaway at Hansel and Gretel knits when they reach 100 fans!

https://www.facebook.com/HanselAndGretelKnits
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM
We LOVE shark week!! Am I the only one who has actual appointments scheduled in my planner! Lol. We are especially looking forward to the Megalodon show. We are studying that period in Dino history. We watched a super creepy show last week on mermaids that included a scene with the Megalodon. It is on tomorrow at 9pm I believe.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Helping Hands on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM
We watched that Mermaid show last night....quite interesting. I still don't know what to think.

I'm watching shark week right now :)

Quoting KickButtMama:

We LOVE shark week!! Am I the only one who has actual appointments scheduled in my planner! Lol. We are especially looking forward to the Megalodon show. We are studying that period in Dino history. We watched a super creepy show last week on mermaids that included a scene with the Megalodon. It is on tomorrow at 9pm I believe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

It scared the crapola out of my tough guy 8 y/o, he actually had to sleep with me. Lol... But I found the whole scientific process of evolution a great visual - my 11 y/o also really loved the show. I was on the fence on whether it was real...that whole 'cell phone video evidence' thing pushed me into disbelief. But the premis of the show was very interesting.

Do I think the government would & could hide something like that? Yes. Do I think their evolutionary process plausible? Yes. Do I think one would have been caught by now? Maybe, as they said, they are still finding new species, especially in the oceans where large tracts have been largely unexplored. But, do I believe there are men-like fish, who have higher reasoning skills, swimming around? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure.

We really, REALLY loved the whole 'spears' evidence as I'd never heard of that before, though!
Jinx-Troublex3
by Helping Hands on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
OMG we think so much alike! ...I do think the govt could hide it. I know we find so many new species still. However, as highly intelligent as I would believe a mermaid to be, I would think they would either 1)totally shown themselves and told the world to fuk off..lol or 2)never be seen at all.

The cell phone video was SO faked! LOL

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

It scared the crapola out of my tough guy 8 y/o, he actually had to sleep with me. Lol... But I found the whole scientific process of evolution a great visual - my 11 y/o also really loved the show. I was on the fence on whether it was real...that whole 'cell phone video evidence' thing pushed me into disbelief. But the premis of the show was very interesting.

Do I think the government would & could hide something like that? Yes. Do I think their evolutionary process plausible? Yes. Do I think one would have been caught by now? Maybe, as they said, they are still finding new species, especially in the oceans where large tracts have been largely unexplored. But, do I believe there are men-like fish, who have higher reasoning skills, swimming around? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure.

We really, REALLY loved the whole 'spears' evidence as I'd never heard of that before, though!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendythewriter
by Helping Hands on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM

We've seen that mermaid show, too. It was very clearly fake, but I did like the ideas that it presented. The idea that some could have branched off and evolved in the water was a unique idea I'd never considered before, and the way they presented it made it very plausible. The cell phone video was ridiculously fake though, although my boys are still convinced it was real. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)