Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elemental science anyone?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
Anyone using it? What do you think of it? How's it working for you? Is it open and go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
blessedhappymom
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We are using elemental science and like it a lot. We are doing the intro level. It's set up using 1 other book that has activities. You can purchase the additional book off of amazon for a minimal amount. The lessons are set to to 5 day or 2 day. It's easy to follow, activities are simple and it encorporates everyday life into lessons. For example, the first topic was observation. One activity called for us to walk outside and talk about what we observed and then draw it in our science journal. It's very easy to follow and incorporates science terminology in a way that my 5yr old understands. Plus the cost is inexpensive. You can buy an ebook for $15 or the actual book for $25. Hope this helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gratefulgal
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I looked into that and would also love to hear what you all have to say about it! :)

downsouthjunkin
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM

We are using the Chemistry (3rd-4th grade). It is pretty much open and go. She has everything laid out for you. Like blessed stated, you can do the 2-day or 5-day schedule. It is very reasonably priced at $30.00 for the Teacher's Guide/Quiz Book + the Student Workbook. She lists additional books that you will need. There is a  list of supplies needed for experiments in the  book.  I've also purchased the Physics for next year, and it looks good. Science is probably the hardest subject for me to teach, so I love the convenience of this curriculum.  From what I've seen, it is secular.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)