Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home school

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 408 Total Views

where to find quality affordable curriculumblank stare

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Local library. I get most of my stuff through our local library and inter-library loans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Helping Hands on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM

What ages/grades are your kids?

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Ahhh, the hardest part of HS, the curricula. There are many,MANY choices out there. The cheapest being to build your own based on free scope & sequence lists. I HS my 2 boys and spend less than $100/year on both. I really only pay for Reading Eggs and TeacherVision.fen otherwise we get really awesome apps for less than$5 each and we go from there. We love lapbooking instead of worksheets, as they are more visually stimulating and fun.
BramblePatch
by Helping Hands on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
you can find used curriculum at great prices at www.homeschoolclassifieds.com. I just find what I want and head there. I save 40%-70%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leighp1
by Welcome Squad on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM

we recently started homeschooling again (long story).  We are a single family income and do not have the extra money to spend on cirriculums.  I did (and still do) searches for whatever area I am planning on teaching.  I have bookmarks seperated into classes (science, reading, writing, math, History, Sign Language and misc.) This way when I want something, I just go to that section and look for something. I did pay for a subscription to Christian Hub (think that is the name), they have a ton of print outs.  It is amazing how much you can find on the internet for free.  And there is this site http://www.lessonpathways.com/

that has where you can build your own lessons. 

I was told once that you can make homeschooling as cheap or as expensive as you would like. I am finding that I actually might be doing an okay job on the free stuff.  Hope this helps.

jen2150
by Helping Hands on Oct. 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM

My favorite resources are the library, Amazon, and ebay.  Paperback swap is really great as well.  I have received a lot really nice books on there.  Good luck

HomeSchoolinGal
by Testing the waters on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Right now I'm homeschooling my children, they are 2 and 3 years old. During the younger years of homeschooling you can make your own. I make papers for my children to do. if you are intrested in any of my papers (just getting started on the website) you can visit our-homeschooling-coloring-plus.com/  (if its not showing as a link please copy and paste, as I am just getting started on here). I also use abcmouse.com my girls love that site. Check out my blog and see if the papers I have loaded there will help you.

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Damand.com

BoB

bren_darlene
by Hall Monitor Bren on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Here are a few.  When I first began many yrs ago my oldest was 13 (I see yours is 14).  I started with all ABeka.  It is very affordable if you just get the books and not all of their tests, dvd's or stuff. I never used any of that. 

ABeka    https://www.abeka.com/HomeSchools.aspx  I like ABeka a lot.

Sonlight (one of my favorites) 

Beautiful Feet:  I have used their history for the younger grades and geography. Liked them J    http://www.bfbooks.com/

A.C.E.
Konkus_3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Hi moms! My son has been working in ace pace's 1000-1009 and we have been loving them. My question now that I have pulled him out of his private school mid year is how do I order inexpensive books and find the next one after 1009? I find that is goes by pace 1-9 not 1000 to 1009 and so on. I found inexpensive books on heartland education ministries but I am not familiar with the sight. Oh and he is in 1st grade. Any other moms buy books on there? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)