Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need A General Science Book Suggestion...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 200 Total Views
My kids are in K and 1st. We are currently using Apologia Science..working our way through a couple different ones. I love Apologia..but haven't really found a science book for grade school from them that covered general science. Such as magnets and things like that.
I want to pick up a general science book to have around the house for the kids to use. My son has been asking a lot of general science questions and I want to be able to pull out a book for him to check out.
Thanks for any suggestions!
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tiredmomfor2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Oh and easy experiments are a must! :)
TinasTribe
by Helping Hands on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM

You could always google his questions. 

AutymsMommy
by Helping Hands on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Galore Park's junior science series would fit the bill nicely. It is secular though (noticed you prefer Apologia, so I'm not sure if Galore Park is an option for you).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

JulieBrown
by Helping Hands on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM

usborne science encyclopedia

Jinx-Troublex3
by Helping Hands on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We like science in a Nutshell kits - they are a bit expensive $40 each I believe - but they have everything in them for three students. they are supposedly for grades 3-6 but most of them could easily be done with Kinder and 1st graders as long as you change the vocabulary a bit. I did them when DS2 was in 3rd and DD was Kinder and other than writing in the Journals she had no problem doing the experiments and understanding it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)