Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scratching my eyes out

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 259 Total Views
Hi!!! I am new to CafeMoms but oldish at homeschooling. I have a lovely ds who is 11
and we recently found out he is slightly dyslexic or as the Dr puts it has ninja brain syndrome. Lol!
Love that!! Well we have been hs'ing for several years now and I have to say I have been
muttleing through. He is awesome in math, computers, science and history and struggles
with English and reading. My major malfunction is actually getting him to do his work in a timely manner. What should take 4 hours max takes us all day and then I get frustrated and he is frustrated and bored!! Hheeellpppp!!! What are some of the things you other single child homeschooling mommy's do that might help me.

Thank you so much!!!
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
leighp1
by Welcome Squad on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I am sorry I will be no help on this subject, but I can't wait to see what advice others have for you.  I can only tell you that I am struggling with Reading with my 11 year old daughter.  She hates to read, so we have started a website and she researches (which is reading..LOL) and then writes about what she learned. Since she loves creating websites, I thought this would be good and it is.

Skirtgirl
by Testing the waters on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Now that is a great idea!!! I have recently incorporated minecraft in his schooling since he LOVES playing it all the time. I fiure it is computer science and engineering already. Now I have him research things like how a water well works and then he has to figure out how to build it on minecraft. (math, reading, science, critical thinking all in one!)

Thanks for your input and I cannot wait to see more advise my self!

Thanks soo much!!! Have a beautiful day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)