Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

" HELP"!!! "HOMESCHOOLING 10th grader with ADHD 1st time"

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

12/12/12

I have a 16 year old with ADHD and i had to pull him out of school because  he was not doing anything and the teachers were not trying to help or follow his EIP because of his impulsive behavior.

Nevertheless, i decided to home-school him, of course he don't like it, but it was either juvenile for him or jail for me and trouble for my other kids. I refuse any, i work too hard to go through or put the other kids at risk.

I just don't know how to get curriculum's he need to get started, I really cant afford to buy the material right now. I was told by the counselor that the board of education was going to send me all the information once i did the declaration of intent, but they said they don't, I'm on my own, Well if anyone can help, will you please help me ASAP...

Thank You;

Ms. Laura

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Uniquecoolio
by Welcome Squad on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I do a parent constructed curriculum which means whatever strikes our fancies. Mine are both 9th grade with iep's. We've been at it a year..almost...and they've grown in leaps and bounds. Scour the web and start picking and choosing what might interest your son first.don't buy anything until you feel confident of where and how you want to head. Think also of both your long term goals.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Dees
by Testing the waters on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

12/12/12

Thank you so much, for the encouragement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN