Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how and when should i evaluate my children to see where the are

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Replies (21-22):
ablessedlife
by Helping Hands on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'm not a fan of standardized tests. They don't accurately figure out anything, IMO. Many kids don't test well. That's why I like POC4U which you can use from K-12 grades over and over, you don't have to study for it either. I tried other evaluations but they didn't really make sense to me the way this did.

It depends on your purpose for testing. If you are trying to figure out what your child's learning style is, and how to best meet his learning needs, then go with the POC4U. If you want to know how your child compares to other children nation-wide, use the standardized test.
Bleacheddecay
by Leader on Dec. 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM

The original poster wanted to know grade levels and POC4U does that. Standardized test compare but not accurately at all. “Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Einstein

Quoting ablessedlife:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'm not a fan of standardized tests. They don't accurately figure out anything, IMO. Many kids don't test well. That's why I like POC4U which you can use from K-12 grades over and over, you don't have to study for it either. I tried other evaluations but they didn't really make sense to me the way this did.

It depends on your purpose for testing. If you are trying to figure out what your child's learning style is, and how to best meet his learning needs, then go with the POC4U. If you want to know how your child compares to other children nation-wide, use the standardized test.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)