Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much does it cost for everything we would need?

Posted by   + Show Post
After all these tragic even happening me and my Fiancé are wanting to home school our son Kris who is 5 and Jase when he's old enough. We aren't sure how much it cost or really anything about homeschooling. Help please :))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-13):
bolz08
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

...I love books so...yeah.....it depends, really....I set a side money very month for school supplies...it costs us a little bit but I LOVE IT. 

bolz08
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:59 AM

some moms buy shoes..I buy books....but we have 5 boys, 3 that are Pre-k-1st so I'm buying for them all....

LoriAlane8
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Really depends on what curriculum you purchase, if you decide to go that route. Or if you pick and choose different books, etc. that would depend on what you get. You might check to see if you have any Virtual Academies in your state. Many of these do not cost anything as they are public schools but your children are doing it at home. We use the K12 curriculum this way through CAVA (California Virtual Academy) and we also were a part of WIVA (Wisconsin Virtual Academy) when we lived in that state a few years ago. When I started homeschooling my daughter 12 years ago (can't believe she is a senior this year) I tried building her curriculum with this and that. It was way too much for me and took too long. I was so afraid I was not giving her the best. I then came across K12 (www.k12.com) and we have been using it ever since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)