Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Timberdoodle core curriculum packages

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 629 Total Views
Has anyone used these in the primary grades? I was looking into the kindergarten kit to use with my daughter in the fall. We must meet MD's requirements for homeschooling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BramblePatch
by Helping Hands on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I think they are a good combo of various curriculums, although its not a curriculum itself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charla_r
by Welcome Squad on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM
The curriculum package covers reading, language arts, math, science and geography/social studies. The only thing I couldn't find was whether or not it also had a lesson plan format to follow.
PhoenixMomof3
by Testing the waters on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I LOVE Son Light Curriculum. But it is Christian based, so you know. Everything is put together beautifully and easy to follow and very comprehensive. And then we add to it as we like, especially science stuff! It makes for a great foundation! It is a bit expensive as they get older but our family uses our tax return to cover those costs.

Good luck!
PhoenixMomof3
by Testing the waters on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Just to clarify though... we only to add to it because we can! Our family camps a lot and we might do special projects that correlate to recent assignments. But the system is plenty on its own, it is not necessary to supplement.
debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I cant affordto use Timberdoodle right now though they do look like they put together a good kit.  I asked them to help me decide what would be best with my kids and they responded quickly.  So just ask them and they can tell you, but just from looking at it when  I did it looked like they had it mapped out.

charla_r
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Thanks!

Quoting debramommyof4:

I cant affordto use Timberdoodle right now though they do look like they put together a good kit.  I asked them to help me decide what would be best with my kids and they responded quickly.  So just ask them and they can tell you, but just from looking at it when  I did it looked like they had it mapped out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN