Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever used SOS curriculum?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 304 Total Views
1 mom liked this

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
suziejax
by Welcome Squad on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Yes. Its good but you need to follow up with evety thing it grades.Do not trust its grading. My kids have used it for various subjects over the years. It will sometimes mark things wrong that should of been right. Such as lets say the child got theconcept right but mispelled one word by one letter. I go back in and point it out to them and mark it right so their grade they get is fair, it did stuff like this a lot and had gliches such as for number two it wiuld give answer for number ten lol. Other than the parent needs to follow up the grading its good with the texts and interactive learning.

Forgive typos typing on my nook lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RedJ
by Welcome Squad on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM

We use SOS and love it.    My only suggestion is if you get it make sure to make it so that the kids have to answer all the questions other wise it will only grade the questions they did.  So they could get an a on a test and only do one problem. 

rsrangel
by Helping Hands on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I've heard great things about it from local friends who have homeschooled through high school using SOS.  Ds7 will be starting it next year for 3rd grade. 

starbeck96
by Becky on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM
My boys tried it for one week and hated it...lol. They are not kids who like to be on the computer a lot though and it was for Spanish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

No I never even heard of it

simplysarahd
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Thanks for posting this. I am considering this for my 4th grader in the fall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)