Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and Getting started!!!!!!!! Needs help choosing a curriculum!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 512 Total Views

Hi,

I am getting ready to choose a curriculum and their are soooo many to choose from!!! I am looking for a program that will start from k and go to 8th grade and be easy to use, and use both online as well as with work books. I  would really like a balance between both online and out of a work book i think its good to have a balance as well as online skills. Also i need it to be budget friendly any ideas and any help would be much appreciated!!! (positive feedback only)

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Www.haveteaching.com
Damand.com
Paword:BOB
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
downsouthjunkin
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You could use Time4Learning (goes to 8th grade/$20/month/online) with workbooks thrown in.

mandamommy3.
by Testing the waters on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

confusedOk ....... So i am getting more confused then ever this will be my first time HS and I am trying to find a user friendly curriculum.... I have determined that i would like a k-8 curriculum...... I have herd of the well trained mined but is seems like there is no guided work books????? on the website it looks like their is a book to introduce you into HS with out a guided curriculum?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :) I am looking forward to starting my little guy in kindergarten from home via HS hopefully this summer :)

jellybeans5
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

You could use this as a free curriculum for grades K - 5, It's both online and includes worksheets to do offline. Here's the link: http://www.theheadoftheclass.com/

You could also try these free resources

K- 5 curiculum - http://www.lessonpathways.com/

Worksheets k -6 -  http://www.tlsbooks.com/

Online educational games - http://www.gamequarium.com/ 

if you google you can find tons of free educational games & worksheets

downsouthjunkin
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quoting mandamommy3.:

confusedOk ....... So i am getting more confused then ever this will be my first time HS and I am trying to find a user friendly curriculum.... I have determined that i would like a k-8 curriculum...... I have herd of the well trained mined but is seems like there is no guided work books????? on the website it looks like their is a book to introduce you into HS with out a guided curriculum?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :) I am looking forward to starting my little guy in kindergarten from home via HS hopefully this summer :)

The Well-Trained Mind (Susan Wise Bauer & Jessie Wise) is a guide to a classical education at home. These two authors (both home educators) outline the pattern of a classical education called the trivium. They break the education pattern down into three stages (grammar, logic, rhetoric). You can buy the book online at Amazon. It has great book lists and tons of great information, and tips. I use (some) it to plan out what we will cover for each year, but I don't follow it 100%. Rainbow Resource Center has materials for the WTM (First Language Lessons, Writing With Ease, etc). You might head over to the WTM forums. They have a huge community. You might also check out Rebecca Rupp's Home Learning Year by Year. Good luck to you.

energygirl
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Quoting jellybeans5:

Online educational

Workbook - grade K ( you can find workbooks for k - 8)

A Book, Lessons, Kindergarten, simple 

Homeschool lesson plan forms

the donnayoung.org site is where I get my printable calendar stuff......as for abcmouse.com there is a free site that is similar called www.abcya.com  abcmouse is preK .....abcya is K-5th but my 4 year old can do a lot of it. 

EnergyGirl
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN