Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for K-8 guided curriculum???

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 407 Total Views

Ok so their are sooooooo many different choices i am getting lost in a sea of HS curriculum choices that I am thinking that a comprehensive program to start with complete with work books and material by grade is the way to go. I am hoping to find a curriculum that ranges from k-8th grade any thoughts????????  I have heard the well trained mind s a great program but when  stumbled upon the website i could only find a book on how to HS not the guided curriculum?????? Any thoughts????? Thanks for any help and info :)

Excited  to get my little guy started this summer :)simple smile

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BramblePatch
by Helping Hands on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM
We use Christian Liberty Press and we love it. You can find their curriculums at http://www.shopchristianliberty.com/curriculum-kits/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncstress
by Helping Hands on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I believe SOS goes from k-high school.

AutymsMommy
by Helping Hands on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Religoius preferences? Budget?

There are many out there, but you need to decide if you want secular, protestant, or catholic and you need to decide on a budget (the full curriucula can range from a couple hundred to a couple thousand).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Mommy2Phenley
by Anne on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

The book The Well Trained Mind does have a guided curriculum mapped out. It's not an all-in-one-box kind of deal, but it's spelled out exactly what to do each year. I thought the same as you when I first heard of it and thought it was just a book *about* homeschooling, but it's not. It is instruction in a specific homeschooling method and maps out how to do it.

kjohns0072
by Testing the waters on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

We have just started Christian liberty curriculum, it came with every subject and all we would need for the whole school year.  It seems great so far.

gummibear
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM

http://www.lessonpathways.com

GELiz
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

How old is your little guy? Son Light has good material- but the History is a little graphic for little ones. I like to look by subject and find materials that have visuals and manipulatives. I do not know of one that I would reccommend the whole thing. Maybe someone else out there has.

kjohns0072
by Testing the waters on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My kids are 6 and 9, I took them out of public school at Christmas break and we have been using Christian liberty curriculum.  I am having a blast teaching them and learning with them.  I work full time as well so it has been an adjustment, but it is worth it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN