Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me with starting hs

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 455 Total Views

I am wanting to home school my granddaughter in Missouri and not sure where to start. School has let bullying go on and noise too much for her. What are the best ways to start and what are the best programs to start in Missouri. She is on Christmas break and on Jan. 3rd i am pulling her from school.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
downsouthjunkin
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM

http://dese.mo.gov/schoollaw/HomeSch/

Here is the link for your state's homeschooling laws. How old is your granddaughter? Luv your pic!

jmwm
by Testing the waters on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Thanks, she is 12 and I have found lots of help by calling a old church friend and there are lots of HS in our area. Thanks 

Carrie1013
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Research the laws of your state and then read "The Well-Trained Mind" by Susan Wise Bauer. It's what gave me the confidence to know that I can homeschool.

HerLadyGrey
by Testing the waters on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

We're a bit looser here so what classes is she in now? What does she like to do?

My son is 13 maybe we could bounc ideas off each other.

Deanna155
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM

HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense association) has a lot of great info on homeschooling in general, as well as legal issues pertaining to homeschooling. 

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
That is a great place ti start please

Quoting Deanna155:

HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense association) has a lot of great info on homeschooling in general, as well as legal issues pertaining to homeschooling. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)