Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

investigating homeschool

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

Hi my name is kim and i have three children, two of which i would like to homeschool.  With all the violence that the schools allow and the bullying with no control over it, this just seems to be the more logical solution. 

I still want to allow them to have and make friends but i dont know how to make that possible as they wont have the child to child interaction to create friendships.

I also dont know where to start.  The two children that I will be homeschooling are 4 and 3.  I work 40 hours a week outside of the home and then also go to school full tim online myself.  We live in Texas.  any advise on this matter would greatly work

Thank you

Kim

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
blessedhappymom
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM
We are in Texas too! We live in a very homeschool friendly state. We are considered a 'private' school. We are only required to teach reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics, and good citizenship.

A good website to check out is https://www.homeschool-life.com/sysfiles/member/custom_public/custom.cfm?memberid=506&customid=4580

Also there are a ton of blogs that offer free printables or preschool packs.
Check out:
1+1+1=1
Homeschool Creations
Our Little Monkeys

Right now that your kiddos are 3 and 4, the focus is learning while playing :-).

BTW we are in San Antonio
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
legna1286
by Testing the waters on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM

That helps  alot i will look into those websites.  We live in Garland.

tnt-manda
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Yea!! Welcome to homeschooling! It is truly the greastest thing I have ever done for my boys. Texas is a hs friendly state, we live in the Dallas area. I agree with the others at this age it's all about having fun while they learn. Wishing you the best of luck in your new adventures!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)