Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Simple curriculum

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 439 Total Views

Is there a simple curriculum for k/1st grade? Something that has it all set up already? I have gone through the public charter system in the past and its not for us. I hated it. I won't do k-12 because of the way they do assesments, my son can't do that. I'm in Oregon so I don't actually have to have him enrolled in anything until 2014 or 15 (brain is fried right now and I can't remember) I'm sure its 14 though. Must be. Anyways.
I was homeschooled using ACE, it was so easy for me, just do your PACES (there was one for math, english, word buiding, etc). Is there something like that? That just lays it all out there for you? I am not good at lesson planning at all!!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bleacheddecay
by Leader on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Have you looked at Five in a Row?

http://fiveinarow.com/

You can probably get most of the picture books at your library.

BramblePatch
by Helping Hands on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My 2 favorites are the Christian Liberty Press Curriculum Kits and Memoria Press Curriculum Packages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I found Horizons tonight, I think I may order that. I don't know. I'll look into the ones you metioned.

Ichthus
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

BUMP! so I can check these links out later. :)

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Hello I went to this great class his name s Dr. James L. Thomas,Jim

email address: earlyliteracyworkshops@live.com

http://rtor.pbworks.com/w/page/8782694/FrontPage

but if you do not see if put it on the yahoo search bar then look down the page and find rtor / FrontPage

click on in and you will see information for pregnant to six or seven years old. It have everything to dealing with Opening doors to Early Literacy everything that I learned in that class is close to free please use it is helping me with the curriculum for next year. I go to the class for childcare and it help with my home schooling as well. It has great resources ad activities to use with very young children. He will show you everything cheap and free way to use everything.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Have you seen the computer based Time4learning?   They have the curriculum set up by grade with lessons and game time.  You can also pick up workbooks for math, spelling, reading comprehension at book stores.  For the Science and history, I'd recommend that you look up the standards of learning curriculum for your state and just pick up some library books for the history section and look up some science projects that you can do at home for the science section.  

iHay
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I've already got the state standards. We were in a public charter school until they asked us to leave because my son wouldn't talk to the teacher and I wouldn't make him. The charter school wasn't working for us anyway because it was another case of having to come up with my own curriculum (while having to take everything in to the teacher) and I just couldn't do it. That's why we need simpler curriculum. I ordered horizons so we'll see.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Have you seen the computer based Time4learning?   They have the curriculum set up by grade with lessons and game time.  You can also pick up workbooks for math, spelling, reading comprehension at book stores.  For the Science and history, I'd recommend that you look up the standards of learning curriculum for your state and just pick up some library books for the history section and look up some science projects that you can do at home for the science section.  

chillemi78
by Welcome Squad on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Bumping so I can look at these in the morning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)