Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Vs. Unschooling

Posted by   + Show Post

I've been wanting to homeschool for years but I've always been afraid I don't have the patience to deal with it honestly... I'm really trying to find out as much about both as possible to figure out if this is the right step for my children... I'm a single mother but I work from home and can make my own schedule as to when I want to work. My son is 9 and has ADHD, he has a hard time with reading but I just can't tell if he hates school or not... My daughter is 6 but she is developmentally delayed of a preschoolers mentality and has an IEP in place.... We live in Central Florida, now can someone please explain the difference of these two things to me... If you unschool can your child have a diploma or is it a GED? I guess the same question can be asked for Homeschooling as well... 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Replies (11-11):
sha_lyn68
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM

In most states a homeschool parent is legally able to issue a diploma and transcripts. There is really no reason for a homeschooler to label themselves as a dropout by taking the GED when they are legally homeschooled and have legal options to receive a diploma..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)