Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinder -Secular Curriculum

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

Hi!! I want to thank all of you guys for such wonderful help!!!

I have a question.  What subjects should I be teaching for Kinder.

Also, any suggestions on a Math curriculum. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I believe I just built off of the www.letteroftheweek.com

Need a great Latin Curriculum for grades K-7? Check out LATIN FRUCTUS!

Home Educators Toolbox / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks

Albert Einstein --
"It is, in fact nothing short a miracle that modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."

Bleacheddecay
by Leader on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I don't think you need a formal curriculum at that level but I will say my kids loved Math U See because it was hands on.

I like literature based curriculum's for younger ones such as Five in a Row. The people who created it might be religious but they use books you can get at the library like Ping the Duck which are not religious. You can order a second book from them if you want the religious part.

The idea behind it is to read a picture book to your child ever day, the same one each week and focus on a different part of the story for the subjects each day. Little kids love hearing the same stories over and over so I love this idea.

I don't like the books in Beyond Five in a Row though. They would often be books my kids wouldn't want to read.

The way I would do this would be to get the books from the library not pay for them from the site and just buy the guidebook $35.00.

http://fiveinarow.com/before-five-in-a-row/

If I couldn't find a particular book, oh well. And I'd probably be designing my own units based on books before long.

I wish we'd have started that young.

Also if they like to do workbook work and you don't want to be printing off the Internet all the time, I'd consider getting a workbook from Sam's Club, a book store or the local parent / teacher store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)