Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christian Liberty Press Curriculum?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

I have been looking into all kinds of curriculum for next school year for a K, 2nd, and 4th grader. A friend of mine gave me a few books from clp and i did some research on them and it looks inexpensive and also good teaching too. I like how they mix up a lot of the books from other sources, but at the same time do they come with good teaching manuals. This will be my first time hs and i feel i will need to have to program laid out for me to go by. Would abeka be a better choice for these grades? I know it is a bit more pricey. Any advice would help. Thanks!

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BramblePatch
by Helping Hands on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM

We love most of CLP. DS is using the 1st Grade curriculum kit and DD recently finished the preschool and we are awaiting the K phonics to arrive.

bugayfamilyof4
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We have used their spelling books. Pretty good. I like AOP stuff also.

Annastacialynn
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

We are using it for our first grade work. This is the first "full" year of homeschooling and I have really loved the program! It can be used exactly as it says to use it or you can change it up to fit your child and use it as a guide (that is what we are doing in math.) The only thing I didn't like was the science. My son isn't really interested in it (not enough info to keep him interested). :) We plan to use it for 2nd grade and probably many years after. :) Hope this helps!

suziejax
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I used them before & they are great! 

BramblePatch
by Helping Hands on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
My son does not like the 1st grade science, either. We just shelved it and are using magic school bus books and videos to do unit studies instead. We love everything else, though.

Quoting Annastacialynn:

We are using it for our first grade work. This is the first "full" year of homeschooling and I have really loved the program! It can be used exactly as it says to use it or you can change it up to fit your child and use it as a guide (that is what we are doing in math.) The only thing I didn't like was the science. My son isn't really interested in it (not enough info to keep him interested). :) We plan to use it for 2nd grade and probably many years after. :) Hope this helps!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Britty1987
by Welcome Squad on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Just curious, which plan did/are you looking at? Is the curriculum kit sufficient or would the family or CLASS plan be better? Would the CLASS plan be a waste of money? We are looking for 2nd grade as well. I would be adding P.E., art and music as well
mosleyclan7
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Well actually I have went in circles on what curriculum to use. As of right now I am going to mix up some. Some abeka, some rod and staff, and I found a free website with things laid out for each grade called allinonehomeschool.com. So as of right now that will be the route I will take. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN