Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Organizing my homeschool

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

Ok... I'm new to this blogging thing.  But I've always been interested in how it works.  I've heard wonderful things about cafe mom too, so here I am.  :)

I'm wondering if there's another homeschool mom on this blog who finds it difficult to organize/prioritize your day.  My biggest struggle is staying on task with 3 children in 2nd, 6th & 10th grade. My goal is to start school each day by 9am, but I like to read my bible & workout before then.  On top of that, I'm a night-owl so I stay up way to late -- taking advantage of the quiet house after the kids go to bed...and way too often starting projects that keep me up into the wee hours of morning sometimes.   Any suggestions or organization-tools that work for you??  Thanks!!

- "newbie"  :)

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Precious333
by Helping Hands on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Im honestly a go with the flow type pf person, however my oldest loves to know what to expect. So, after breakfast i have a jar filles with subjects for him to choose, aso we start our day that way unless we have a field trip or class. Then the rest of the day are play time, errands etc. We only spend a few hours a day doinf subjects, the rest is learning as we go about out day. I do also plan oj startinf our day with the calendar, just havent gotten there yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aminahkhan136
by Testing the waters on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

OH my we sound exactly alike. I am brand new to this "blogging" too.  I only have two kids but i am so nervous about staying organized or preparing myself.  I haven't started homeschool yet.  Have you? Heres to hoping we get some good tips

Jody59
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

We personally feel that it is good to start school at the same time each day. We start at 7:30 and are through around 12:30. So, even if your kids start later I still suggest making it a set time. Learning this discipline helps with college and jobs...If you want to keep your late night style is there a way the kids could do some independent work in the mornings, before you are up or while you read your Bible and work out.

Jody   Check Out The Writing Course

lilmomiof3
by Testing the waters on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Wow I think we are the same person! this is my first day on this site, i have all of the same things going on the difference is my kids are 3rd grade (8), preschool (4) and a 1 year old. Organization is not even in my top five things I am good at. this is our first year homeschooling and it has kind of been go with the flow. they take spanish outside the home and do one sport each. My plan is always have everyone up, dressed, fed and ready for the day to start school by 9:00 it is february and we have actually done that maybe a week total. So totally hoping to read some great ideas here. I know going to bed earlier is the key to most of it but I am still not organized.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)