Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hello

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 228 Total Views
Hello I am look for social studies??/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
maggiemom2000
by Helping Hands on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

What ages/grades?

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Quoting maggiemom2000:

What ages/grades?

5th grade(11 years old) and 8th grade (13 years old) two preschoolers usually work with the 5th and 8th grade.

ablessedlife
by Helping Hands on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Quoting motheroffour186:

It doesn't make sense. Who works with the 5th and 8th graders, you or the preschoolers? Aren't they old enough to work independently?
AutymsMommy
by Helping Hands on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Do you want history or social studies?

I personally think that there's a bit too much of an age gap between all your children to, at this point, be combining subjects; your 8th grader needs to be prepping for high school but your fifth grader won't have the stamina to keep up with a program suitable for your 8th grader - and preschoolers certainly won't be able to keep up.

If you're looking for history, what is your sequence?

Your 8th grader could do Oak Meadow Civics fairly independently; then you could work with your fifth grader through Story of the World (and your preschoolers would just float in and out listening and gaining exposure just by "being there").

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Both social studies for my 11 year and for 13 year old please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)