Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

History programs for middle schooler

Posted by   + Show Post

Any recommendations on a good, interesting history program for my 8th grader? Maybe something tht uses some textbooks and real literature. Not too much hands on projects. A few are okay, but we are not too good at programs that have hands on projects that need to be done every week. My dd starts off liking it but then I forget to get all the supplies, or don't have the money to get them, or she doesn't want to do the projects or whatnot, so something that is interesting, but doesn't reauire me to go buy a bunch of extra materials. Thanks!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (21-21):
DangerousMommy
by Melissa on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Using Notgrass with my 7th grader... following their extra reading  suggestions means that I've got literature covered as well. We started it last year, got sidetracked, and are now back on the schedule! It's broken down into daily lessons, and is taking on average about 45 minutes to get done. Also have my 6th grader doing this as well... seems to be pretty easily adaptable to 5-8th grades. They offer 2 different 'workbooks' one geared for the 5-6 crowd and a more academically challenging on for the 7-8's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN