Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Portfolio's?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

What exactly should be in ones portfolio for end of the year evaluations?

Before moving to FL, the kids were to be tested at the end of the year per my state law.

FL you turn in a portfolio, so what do I include in a 9th graders and a 5th grader whom has special needs?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AnnieGoolaheey
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

The portfolio has been the hardest thing for me to keep up with, so for now I just put everything they do in it.  I am so worried about the end of the year evaluation.  I keep telling myself everything will be just fine, but that little voice in my head tells me "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"  

Jortess
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Same here. I'm more concerned about my DDs because she is learning disabled, amongst other things and not at grade level....

However I just read about enrolling them in a umbrella program here in FL where you do not need to send in portfolios, just attendance records. I think I may do that instead because both my children are "unschooled."

Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

The portfolio has been the hardest thing for me to keep up with, so for now I just put everything they do in it.  I am so worried about the end of the year evaluation.  I keep telling myself everything will be just fine, but that little voice in my head tells me "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)