Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for something

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 177 Total Views
I am looking for a complete curriculum or even single subjects for my 17 yr old to use for her last year. She is thinking of going to school later for nursing so I want be sure we have all of her subjects filled in. The problem I am having is that hubby is not working so I need to find them super super cheap. I can't afford the $40(per subject) I have found online so far. Help please.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oaron5555
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

If your budget is that tight you might want to look into a Charter school, if they have those where you live.  Most will let you pick your own curriculum and pay for it for you.  You do have to meet with a teacher once in a while to turn in work samples but since your budget is really tight that might be an option to look into.

twyliatepeka
by Twylia on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
We don't have any charter schools here.

That was supposed to say $40 per subject (oops).
I am looking for Lifepac or something similar to it. It is around $250 for the whole set from what I have found so far.

Quoting oaron5555:

If your budget is that tight you might want to look into a Charter school, if they have those where you live.  Most will let you pick your own curriculum and pay for it for you.  You do have to meet with a teacher once in a while to turn in work samples but since your budget is really tight that might be an option to look into.

LostTheSlipper
by Guidance on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Quoting twyliatepeka:

I am looking for Lifepac or something similar to it. It is around $250 for the whole set from what I have found so far.

Quoting oaron5555:

Really?? I bought two individual subjects for 5th grade last year and they were like $140-$150 just for the two.

twyliatepeka
by Twylia on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Lifepac seems to be a little cheaper & $40 is on sale regular price is $50 plus.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Quoting twyliatepeka:

Quoting oaron5555:

Really?? I bought two individual subjects for 5th grade last year and they were like $140-$150 just for the two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)