Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LF Advice

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 150 Total Views

Hello all!

For those who do not know me I am a homeschooling parent of three. However, until now I have only homeschooled my two youngest boys who are 6 and 7. I would love to add my oldest, who is 12, to the homeschooling mix as of next school year. He has been in ps up until this point and I think I can finally get my ex-husband to budge on letting me homeschool him. My questions are:

Does anyone have advice for the transition (my son has moderate Autism and transitions are important).

What sort of behavior or issues should I expect?

Honestly any tips, tricks, etc about homeschooling middle schoolers would be welcomed! For note our household uses a very eclectic mix for homeschooling. My youngest is mostly unschooled/child directed learning/unit studies, and for my middle son we use a cirriculum that I put together using the common core standards/child directed (though far less than the youngest). With my oldest I was considering doing a put together curriculum that was tailored to his strengths and weaknesses. Basically a school at home that focuses on his skills.

TiA!

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
blessedhappymom
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I'm in the kinder year, but my son has autism. I used the free trial to boardmaker to print out his schedule and subject cards, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)