Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good 9th Grade Biology Curriculum

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 407 Total Views

I am not interested in Apologia. We are Christain but we do not believe in the new world aspect of some of the faith based curriculums. I want something that teaches creationism but we are not afriad of eveolution either, we find it a theory and all theory should be studied imo... so anyhow... I hope you get the idea lol, taking suggestions! 

Life is simple, We make it but we make it complicated. 

http://tinasblogok.blogspot.com/

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Wantn1more
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I struggled with this like you wouldn't believe... I've heard science fusion is really good but I'm not too sure it goes all of the way to highschool.
I've found the same thing in our horizon health program we ordered... It introduces disease as being caused by sin. Imo, I'd rather my daughter learn about healthy lifestyle choices as a means of avoiding disease. I'll have to jump around a bit I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is a biology major at a University of California school now.  She went to a Christian high school.  They teach according to the honors and AP criteria because our kids need that.  They also added a supplemental segment on creationism, which is not necessarily anti-science.  The two concepts can be integrated.  You may want to consider the texts and curriculum used in college prep programs as the basis.

simmons4africa
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Sonlight has a balanced curriculum for science. We have enjoyed it so far.

LostTheSlipper
hate this place
Thursday at 2:06 PM
by Guidance on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM

DS will be 6th grade next year, so we're not there yet BUT I've heard that ANY age can take a CLEP exam. When he gets to high school I'm seriously considering using college level books so he can take the CLEP for whatever subject it is. Worth looking into at least if you think it might work for your child!

http://clep.collegeboard.org/parents-info

TinasTribe
by Helping Hands on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Found a GREAT ONE! My son loves it.  Thinkwell.  He sat and listening to the lecture (free trail) and he soaked it up. He did not want to stop listening lol. The notes are right on the screen, they can pause and write them down, which is perfect for mine. They have quizes, tests, etc. It cost $150. I would totally check it out if you are looking for Middle to High school levels, all subjects. 

Life is simple, We make it but we make it complicated. 

http://tinasblogok.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)