Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Teaching Textbooks math 7 or prealgebra

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 544 Total Views
Does anyone have this or know of any where to get it cheaper?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MentorMom1
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Great program by the Sabouri brothers. My DD was in their class when they were working out the bugs in their Algebra II program.  

Wantn1more
by Welcome Squad on May. 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I've heard really good things about this program.... my dd struggles a bit with math and I think this will really help her. I've heard some say that its about a grade behind though, do you know how this works?

Quoting MentorMom1:

Great program by the Sabouri brothers. My DD was in their class when they were working out the bugs in their Algebra II program.  

JulieBrown
by Helping Hands on May. 3, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I have had very good luck buying TT on http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/

Momof2IA
by Helping Hands on May. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Home school classifieds is a great place.  I actually bought mine from that site.  My daughter if finishing up in it.  When do you need it by?  Maybe I could sell you ours

Wantn1more
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Math 7 or pre-algebra? We're not needing it till the fall. I'm kind of stuck as to which program to start with her. We went over the placement tests and 6 was way too easy (she's 5th grade right now) and I'm kind of torn. She's been in an advanced public school system up until 4 weeks ago so I don't want to bore her too much. Is TT pretty thorough with review?

Quoting Momof2IA:

Home school classifieds is a great place.  I actually bought mine from that site.  My daughter if finishing up in it.  When do you need it by?  Maybe I could sell you ours

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM

We have Math 7, but the disks need a new code.

My daugher dislikes the automatic grading, since it only lets you get it wrong twice and then grades it wrong before showing how to go over the problem.  You can go through and redo the lession after the teacher deletes all the graded problems for that lesson, it was just to much of a hassle.  We are going back to text books next year.

Wantn1more
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
A new code? I'm not sure how that works?
Did it do a pretty good job at explaining the concepts?

Quoting Silverkitty:

My daugher dislikes the automatic grading, since it only lets you get it wrong twice and then grades it wrong before showing how to go over the problem.  You can go through and redo the lession after the teacher deletes all the graded problems for that lesson, it was just to much of a hassle.  We are going back to text books next year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Yes, it did fairly well doing that.  There were a few places that it explained it in a different way then my daughter learned previously so we had to work around that a little bit.

As for the new code I hear you just call the company and they will help you with that.  I'm not sure I've not done it.  After my daughters computer quit working we just started working out of the book.

Quoting Wantn1more:

Quoting Silverkitty:

Wantn1more
by Welcome Squad on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Would you want to sell your set when you're done?

Quoting Silverkitty:

Yes, it did fairly well doing that.  There were a few places that it explained it in a different way then my daughter learned previously so we had to work around that a little bit.

As for the new code I hear you just call the company and they will help you with that.  I'm not sure I've not done it.  After my daughters computer quit working we just started working out of the book.

Quoting Wantn1more:

Quoting Silverkitty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2IA
by Helping Hands on May. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We will be done with Math 7.  Each lesson has more problems from the previous lessons to give more practice so she will  have plenty of opportunities to learn the concepts.  Let me know over the summer if you still want to buy this.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)